At ELLWOOD, we’re always seeking different opportunities to improve training for our employees. For the next two weeks, various ELLWOOD business units are trialing a virtual reality crane simulator from Kone Crane. The simulator offers two aspects of crane training: remote and cab operation for either AC or DC operated cranes. There are different levels of competency for seven scenarios from beginner to advanced levels. Crane operators from across ELLWOOD, either beginners or experienced are testing the simulator out to potentially explore the option of permanently integrating the simulator for crane training. We thank Kone Cranes for the opportunity to run trials with the simulators and we also thank our crane operators for helping us explore improved training opportunities!
- ELLWOOD Trialing a Virtual Reality Crane Simulator from Kone Crane (VIDEO)
- ELLWOOD hosts Slippery Rock University Safety Students to the ELLWOOD complex in New Castle
- University of Pittsburgh Students Visit ELLWOOD Quality Steels
- ELLWOOD’s EHS Team Tours Honeywell’s Miller Fall Protection Division with Shenango High School STEM Students
- Lawrence County High School Engineering Day 2019